What is Asterisk?
Asterisk is an open source PBX software solution that can be used to create your very own in-house communications server. Using VoIP technology (Voice over Internet Protocols) allows you to make calls via the Internet instead of a traditional phone line. It can provide many significant advantages over traditional analogue phone services.
The VoIP PBX Advantage
- Free or lower call cost per minute.
- Avoid costly telephone line rentals.
- Greater flexibility with set-up and configuration.
- All the features of a high end PABX system without the price.
VoIP Client Savings
Although the above probably sounds fantastic it’s hard to get a real feel for the numbers without examples.
One SME reduced their phone bill from $600 a month to $50 by switching to an integrated Asterisk Solution. Reducing their costs by over 90%!
These massive savings mean that a typical consumer recoups any costs within 6-12 months.
“We are very pleased with our decision to commission Treshna to install the Asterisk system. The technological features available, coupled with the substantial reduction in telephone expenses make this one of our best business decisions.”
Brian Davidson – Director
Camelot Motor Lodge Ltd. (trading as Best Western Camelot Motor Lodge)
Treshna can customize a solution for any business large or small. With tailored solutions ranging from basic configuration to full systems we can provide servers, hardware, install and CISCO phones/handsets. All in a timely professional manner and at competitive prices.
We are programmers meaning we understand the mechanics behind the software. This in depth knowledge not only allows us to customize the software according to your desires but also provide expert feedback and advice on how to make the most of your system.
Many companies have already made the jump to Asterisk and VoIP solutions. Give us a call and see if it’s right for you. Treshna has been using an integrated Asterisk solution for over three years for its own business.
What we do
- Installation of Asterisk PABX software.
- Setup of Linux Servers.
- Customization and Configuration.
- Programming and integration of 3rd part software.
- Supplier of phones and equipment.
- Consultancy and one off trouble shooting.
- Onsite and Remote Support.
- Cisco 3 Line IP Phone with Display from $145.00+GST
- Cisco ZTRA 8-Port Telephony Switch from $380.00+GST
- Cisco PAP2T Phone Adapter with XNET VFX2 Port from $85.00+GST
One reason VoIP call costs are so low is that the low barriers to entry inherent in the industry ensure plenty of competition. Unlike traditional Phone companies you are not restricted to only using National providers. Being able to use international and not just local providers means you can choose from more options and get the best rate for you.
Asterisk SIP Integration with Skype
Take advantage of Skype’s global membership and Asterisk’s least-cost call routing to reach more people for less.
Asterisk PABX is packed full with features
- ADSI On-Screen Menu System
- Alarm Receiver
- Append Message
- Automated Attendant
- Blind Transfer
- Call Detail Records
- Call Forward on Busy
- Call Forward on No Answer
- Call Forward Variable
- Call Monitoring
- Call Parking
- Call Queuing
- Call Recording
- Call Retrieval
- Call Routing (DID & ANI)
- Call Snooping
- Call Transfer
- Call Waiting
- Caller ID
- Caller ID Blocking
- Caller ID on Call Waiting
- Calling Cards
- Conference Bridging
- Database Store / Retrieve
- Database Integration
- Dial by Name
- Direct Inward System Access
- Distinctive Ring
- Distributed Universal Number Discovery (DUNDI)
- Do Not Disturb
- Fax Transmit and Receive
- Flexible Extension Logic
- Interactive Directory Listing
- Interactive Voice Response (IVR)
- Local and Remote Call Agents
- Music On Hold
- Music On Transfer:
– Flexible Mp3-based System
– Random or Linear Play
– Volume Control
- Predictive Dialer
- Open Settlement Protocol (OSP)
- Overhead Paging
- Protocol Conversion
- Remote Call Pickup
- Remote Office Support
- Roaming Extensions
- Route by Caller ID
- SMS Messaging
- Spell / Say
- Streaming Media Access
- Supervised Transfer
- Talk Detection
- Text-to-Speech (via Festival)
- Three-way Calling
- Time and Date
- VoIP Gateways
– Visual Indicator for Message Waiting
– Stutter Dialtone for Message Waiting
– Voicemail to email
– Voicemail Groups
– Web Voicemail Interface